Business growth post-COVID is are it increasingly difficult for organisations to attract and retain the best staff. Seasonally adjusted estimates for February 2021 showed that the unemployment rate decreased to 5.8%, although participation remained at 66.1%.1
If your business isn’t one of the most glamourous brands out there, you may soon find yourself having to work especially hard to convince the best talent to get onboard.
Here are five great ways to make your business attractive that won’t cost the earth or involve you selling your soul…,
- Ensure you communicate a consistent message about your company culture (you can only do this by walking the talk). Talk to your most loyal staff about why they stick around and include these key pointers when promoting opportunities.
- When interviewing prospective staff, be clear about the benefits of working with you – it may be a diverse staff, a lunchroom with a snooker table, flexible working arrangements, extra holidays, or superannuation over and above the legal requirement.
- Identify and train company ambassadors who can present a consistent message about the organisation and actively recruit from within their friendship / professional networks.
- Offer professional development opportunities that will inspire the candidate and have a mutual benefit for your business.
- Keep an eye on social media platforms so that you know what’s being said about your organisation. There will be comments that you can exploit in your recruitment/interview process but equally, there may be some negatives that you’ll need to be prepared to refute/rectify.
Need help finding the right staff? Contact the Ayers Group
The Ayers Group isone of few companies that is approved by the Australian Department of Immigration to hire and on-hire international workers. Our experts can help you by advising on and arranging, temporary and permanent visas for international workers who have the approved skills you need.
We can even take your contractors on as tax employees of the Ayers Group, freeing you of the risks associated with visa sponsorship, and enabling your mobile talent to take on multiple contracts that provide the diverse experience they’re looking for. Talk to an expert from the Ayers Group today.
Ayers Can Help You Find a Solution.
Want To Know More?
Complete the below form to: